Hey look, it’s a desk covered in mobile devices!
What makes these mobile devices different from all other mobile devices? They are all running the brand new cross-platform bitly mobile site, which we are extremely stoked to share with you today. Just pick up your favorite (smart)phone or tablet, navigate over to bit.ly, j.mp or bitly.com, and behold the newness.
What can you do on the bitly mobile site? Broadly speaking, you can shorten, share and track links just as you can with the full bitly web experience. We’ve also cooked in some nifty mobile-specific features:
- If you try to shorten a link while your device is not connected to the Internet, that link will automatically be saved for later and shortened when your connection is restored.
- Hold down on any link in your bitly history to open that link, open it in a new window, or copy the short URL to your clipboard.
- Pull down on the screen to refresh your bitly history instantly.
- As you browse through your history, up to 100 recent links are cached on your phone, so you can access your bitly links even if you aren’t connected to the Internet.
- Set up bitly as a homescreen web clip on your iPhone.
- Preview the contents of any bitly link, including video hosted on major sites such as Vimeo and YouTube.
- Get detailed ‘n’ pretty analytics for any bitly link, rendered for your enjoyment using HTML5 magics.
- Immediately access a QR code for any bitly link.
- Pull down the screen to refresh click counts and analytics instantly.
Go forth and shorten!2 years ago